Director of Flooring Product Management – East Coast
Evergreen Recruiters is looking for a Director of Flooring Product Management for a well established flooring company on the East Coast. The Director leads the Company’s product managers, coordinates vendor relations and negotiations, and effectively markets the technical and overall advantages of the Company’s product lines. S/he will oversee all aspects of product lifecycles from initial research through execution to feedback. The Director will also originate and/or maintain rebate and private label distribution programs, manage marketing budgets, successfully adapt to market forces and competitor strategies, organize company events, and coordinate Company objectives with Director of Pricing, Director of Marketing, Product Managers, and suppliers and vendors. Reports directly to President and Executive Vice President.
10+ years in flooring industry, 5+ years of flooring marketing, personal, managerial and Microsoft Office proficiencies are a must. Position also requires ability to master and communicate continually changing business, technical and regulatory language and concepts.
Base compensation of $125,000+, commensurate with experience.
- Adapt incoming information into
- Continuously research and evaluate customer needs and market conditions
- Coordinate and manager marketing specialist support team
- Coordinate and negotiate vendor and supplier activity
- Coordinate product lines
- Develop distribution
- Identify and meet customer needs with company solutions
- Incorporate new and competitive marketing technologies
- Manage marketing media channels
- Manage rebates
- Maximize profits, achieve margins and fee targets
- Originate and implement messaging, marketing roadmaps and launches for product lines.
- Plan and launch product releases
- Plan company events
- Report and coordinate marketing with President, Executive Vice President, Director of Product, Director of Pricing, Product Managers and Director of Marketing as needed
- Represent industry standards
- Retain competitive company lead
- Strengthen internal and external company relationships
- Unify and streamline client feedback channels
- Work with and train Product Managers
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in a Product Management role, preferably with industry software experience
- Analytics / statistics
- Business development
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Industry knowledge
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in the Flooring Industry
- Product launches
- Project & initiative leadership
- Team management
- 2+ years experience in a field facing role
- 5+ years of flooring product marketing experience
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel 25%
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or commensurate flooring industry experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or complex governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, consultants and vendors.
To apply please visit this job page on MaxHire at http://www.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E55E69361E43515B7D541A2B7755196807627F.Looking for other career options? Browse other Manufacturing Jobs - Millwork Jobs - Building Materials Jobs Evergreen Recruiters is a permanent placement, contingency-based building materials, logistics and manufacturing staffing agency. Within these industries we help clients locate talented professionals and assist candidates in finding the best match for their skills and qualifications. We place talented workers in a wide range of positions through manufacturing executive staffing, distribution, wholesale and retail location placement, and other industry niche staffing. Whether upper management, dynamic sales teams, purchasers, territory managers, manufacturing professionals, support staff, or your own company's unique job role(s), we provide service for all levels of employment. We partner with large corporations, mid-sized companies and small specialty operations throughout North America. Industries we work with include manufacturing, lumber, millwork, CNC, folding cartons, and many more. We bring our clients those talented and relevant professionals who have both the experience and personality to fit your culture. We strive to do this in a timely fashion bringing you quality quickly. We assist our candidates with their career goals. We have the contacts and experience to help you with your growth and momentum. Our energies are directed towards recruiting the finest talent and top professionals in the market for some of the best companies in the United States and Canada. Our goal is to ensure productivity & profitability for both our clients and candidates, securing long term partnerships and stability. Evergreen Solutions. Finding solutions for you. Do you know people looking for building materials or manufacturing work? Please tell them to visit us here at evergreenrecruiters.com. We appreciate it. Follow us: Twitter Facebook Google+ Or, if you have a moment, a like or share below will help us too. Thanks!