Senior Project Manager Job Description
A worldwide architectural company specializing in Division 8 & Division 10 commercial projects seeks a Senior Project Manager to report directly to the company’s General Manager.
The SPM will plan, meet and evaluate project timelines, budgets, and performance. S/he will also create and oversee project teams, ensuring quality control from start to finish.
- Manage projects from start to close out, ranging in value from $100,000 to over $5,000,000.
- Review estimate with Project Estimator in sufficient time to permit careful analysis, checking of calculations, and corrections as necessary.
- Study and understand the contract documents of each project to determine exact scope of work, including provisions of the general or special conditions that may be ambiguous or present problems or result in unforeseen costs.
- Assure that details and submittals are received, submitted, corrected, approved and returned to the suppliers and ensure delivery of materials to support progress schedules.
- Liaison with Owners, Vendors, and General Contractors.
- Directly oversee project profitability, budget compliance, and identifying expense overruns.
- Managing Project Coordinator and Assistant Project Manager to ensure they are managing and delivering their tasks on time and budget.
- Develop the internal and external project schedule to identify when each task will be performed and by whom.
- Clearly communicate expectation to team members.
- Detail and coordinate all doors, frames and hardware.
- Properly organize and maintain up to date binders for each project.
- Oversee all purchase orders.
- Estimate and submit timely change proposals to the General Contractor or Owner.
- Prepare and execute.
- Change orders between the Company and General Contractor or Owner.
- Lead, coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis.
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and executions.
- Some travel is involved but very limited.
- Thorough experience and familiarity with doors, hardware and frames.
- University Degree preferred.
- 5 Year work experience as a Senior Project Manager in the DFH industry; references required.
- AHC credentials a plus.
- A thorough knowledge and background in the construction industry and specifically in Division 8.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and all Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with ProTech and AutoCAD a plus.
- Must be proficient in navigating through construction plans and specifications and able to adapt to incomplete specifications.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity, loyalty, and honesty; not disclose to outside parties confidential information of the company’s operations.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have excellent writing and communicating skills.
Generous commensurate salary, bonus and incentive plan, and benefits including vacation, paid holidays, continuing education, and professional environment. Relocation included.
To apply please visit this job page on MaxHire at http://www.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E55E6E361E43515B7D541A2B7755196A06627F.Looking for other career options? Browse other Manufacturing Jobs - Millwork Jobs - Building Materials Jobs Evergreen Recruiters is a permanent placement, contingency-based building materials, logistics and manufacturing staffing agency. Within these industries we help clients locate talented professionals and assist candidates in finding the best match for their skills and qualifications. We place talented workers in a wide range of positions through manufacturing executive staffing, distribution, wholesale and retail location placement, and other industry niche staffing. Whether upper management, dynamic sales teams, purchasers, territory managers, manufacturing professionals, support staff, or your own company's unique job role(s), we provide service for all levels of employment. We partner with large corporations, mid-sized companies and small specialty operations throughout North America. Industries we work with include manufacturing, lumber, millwork, CNC, folding cartons, and many more. We bring our clients those talented and relevant professionals who have both the experience and personality to fit your culture. We strive to do this in a timely fashion bringing you quality quickly. We assist our candidates with their career goals. We have the contacts and experience to help you with your growth and momentum. Our energies are directed towards recruiting the finest talent and top professionals in the market for some of the best companies in the United States and Canada. Our goal is to ensure productivity & profitability for both our clients and candidates, securing long term partnerships and stability. Evergreen Solutions. Finding solutions for you. Do you know people looking for building materials or manufacturing work? Please tell them to visit us here at evergreenrecruiters.com. We appreciate it. Follow us: Twitter Facebook Google+ Or, if you have a moment, a like or share below will help us too. Thanks!